50 kW modular system, complete with Balance of Plant
Metal-supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cell technology licensed from Lawrence Berkeley National Labs
Ruggedness, designed for vehicle use
Tolerance to rapid thermal cycling and redox cycling
Proof Energy Solution
- Electric batteries are an essential component to electric vehicles. However, batteries are still the highest cost component. Battery capacity is holding back market penetration of commercial EV’s due to limited driving range.
- PEM fuel cells have partially solved the problem, but they are expensive and rely on hydrogen fuel. Hydrogen infrastructure is extremely limited.
- Using bio-fuels, such as ethanol instead of hydrogen as a fuel, not only reduces issues with fuel transportation and storage, but can also provide a CO2 neutral power generation technology and lead to a reduction in CO2 emission and other pollutants.
- Bioethanol is preferred because it is non-toxic, inexpensive, renewable and readily available.
- One gallon of ethanol contains same energy as 22 kWh of battery.
- Fuel cells are one of the most efficient means of converting chemical energy into electrical energy.